When I closed my doors in March, I like many others was full of uncertainty about Covid-19, what impact to would have and for how long.

As things stand currently, it is unlikely that I will be to be allowed to re-open until phase 3, which the Government has stated will be no earlier than July 4th.  And there is no guarantee that massage therapists will be included within the definitions laid out for that date.

Whilst I’ve been closed, I have completed a variety of courses to ensure that when I am able to open again I will meet the required benchmarks for safety.  This means that there are also changes in the treatment room, but these will not impact on the quality of treatment you receive. However, there are some treatments that I have had to suspend. If you have a strong objection to this please contact me and we can discuss your specific treatment needs to find the best and safest way forward for both of us.

If you have a gift voucher for treatment, please contact me so I can extend it to the end of this year or until 12 months after it’s purchase date (which ever is later).

What changes will you see?

  • All consultation forms available via email so they can be completed prior to appointments, including

  • New Client Consultation Forms

  • Covid-19 Disclaimer

  • Payments will need to be contactless / bacs

  • The treatment room will be more clinical than before, any purely decorative items have gone and soft furnishings may have been removed as they cannot be sanitised safety between clients.  There will also be an increase in the use of disposable couch coverings, wherever possible these have been sustainably sourced.

  • I will be providing bottles of water following treatments, but it would be great if you could bring your own (saves on the recycling).

  • Appointment durations – the amount of cleaning and sanitising that will be required between clients is likely to make 30min appointments unfeasible for the foreseeable future, so I have developed alternative 45 minute treatments to replace these.

  • PPE – this is still somewhat of an unknown, but it is likely that I will be wearing a face mask and probably gloves. At this stage I simply don’t know what my governing body will implement.    I may also have to ask you to wear a face mask.


When will we know more?

Like everyone, I am waiting to see how the latest phase of re-opening goes, and how the Government responds.  As soon as I know, I will ensure I fully understand what is required of me to open safely and will update you accordlingly.

Please let me reassure you that, baring another catastrophic situation, Kanchani Therapies will re-open, and I shall do so as soon as I am allowed and able to do so safely.

© 2020  Kanchani Therapies

All rights reserved


  • b-facebook